Sr. Software Engineer (Platform)
At Trustify you will join a passionate and talented team of experts working tirelessly to make truth, trust, and safety accessible to every man, woman, and child on Earth via our network of intelligence analysts and licensed investigators. We do this mission and values-based work on both a pro bono basis as well as commercially in both the B2C and B2B markets. We also perform this work out of a deeply personal mission and calling inspired by our founders Jen Mellon and Danny Boice.
If having a core impact on a mission and values-based organization that is literally saving lives excites you then we would love to hear from you..
First, a little about our cutlure:
- We are democratizing access to private investigation and intelligence services for every individual, family, household, business and non-profit in the World
- We are woman co-founded and woman led.
- Thousands of pro bono cases helping victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, unjust incarceration, abuse and more.
- Our staff is more than 70% female
- Read more about our new Crystal City office here.
Do you want to be Trustify's Senior Platform Engineer?
If you obsess over server response times, craft perfect bash scripts, and think that your preferred Linux distribution is the best tool for the job, we think you’d love to work with us! We are a technology-driven group who constantly strives to use the best engineering tools available to build a cutting-edge product.
Help us refine and redesign the experience of hiring a Private Investigator
Like every fast-growing startup, we have our strengths and weaknesses, and we need someone who can fill in the gaps.
Our current team kicks ass at:
- Lean startup experimentation
- Data-driven decision making
- Testing ideas with and without code
- Learning how to do things we've never done before
Where we need your help now
Your role at Trustify is critically important. You will help us continue to refine and redesign the experience of hiring and engaging with a private investigator. Most of our customers have never hired a private investigator before, and many are at a vulnerable point in their lives. We want to make it as worry-free as possible for them.
- Optimize our stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Build out logging and monitoring systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization
- Design and implement security policies across the stack
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies to accomplish any of the above goal
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture
- Maintain technical documentation
Are you the right person for this job?
- Strong familiarity with the features and challenges of utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Experience administering Linux servers
- Strong familiarity with MySQL configuration, optimization, master slave replication, and backup
- Automation experience (Chef or Puppet or similar)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Travis CI, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring for web servers and related services
- Ability to design, test, and ultimately implement a disaster recovery plan
- 4+ years' experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in software engineering, computer science, or computer & information systems
Do you want to be at the ground level?
This is an opportunity to work through the major business challenges facing any startup. You'll have the support of experienced co-workers and amazing customers but most of the strategic decisions are ahead of us.
You'll play a key role in finding the answers.
Where? How much?
We're located in Crystal City, just outside of Washington, DC. We expect that you'll be collaborating with us in the office most days.
- Competitive salary
- 8 for 8 community service policy
- Casual attire
- Commute Stipend
- PTO, sick days, your birthday off, and a full holiday schedule
- Health benefits with company paid contribution
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!